Final Fantasy XVI

eape

der töter
Team | Admin
Ja, war zu erwarten, weil Sony's Moneyhat nur 6 Monate reicht (zumindest für PC, Xbox-Version ist ja komplett geblockt). Denke, dass ich dann auch warten kann. Leider wird ziemlich sicher jegliches Marketing für andere Plattformen auch geblockt werden und wir werden sicherlich erst nach Release erfahren, ob das Spiel direkt für Steam erscheint oder ob hier Epic auch das Portemonnaie gezückt hat. Schöne neue Welt.

Para

Team | Content
es soll übrigens eine demo zum spiel geben, die ca. 2 wochen vor release der vollversion veröffentlicht wird. geplant ist auch, dass man sein savegame dann einfach in die vollversion übertragen kann.

weitere previews:

From what I've played Final Fantasy 16 is surely set to deliver. Its intense battles escalate to an outrageous sense of scale; exceptional cinematics weave seamlessly into battle to truly showcase the power of the PlayStation 5; and Yoshida and his team exude confidence in their vision.

What I want to see next are the quieter moments. Peacefully riding a chocobo around that sumptuous world. Tender moments from Clive so we can empathise with him as the protagonist. If this demo showed the peaks, what's in the valleys? I'm excited to explore further and find out.

Oh, and for music fans, this time the iconic battle fanfare has lyrics sung by a choir. It's awesome.
Eurogamer

As Final Fantasy XVI crosses the threshold into full-fledged action spectacle, some aspects are bound to feel different than RPG fans have grown accustomed to. For this RPG fan, though, the change of pace is welcome. Who knows what the future holds for Final Fantasy, but I'm convinced that this is the right direction for this entry in the franchise. I went in as a doubter, and I came out as a true believer, eager to experience the ride.
Gamespot

Should the story, exploration, and characters live up to what I've seen of the combat so far, then Final Fantasy 16 will be a JRPG worth being excited about.
IGN

As Yoshida made clear at the beginning of his pitch for Final Fantasy 16 at the preview event, his team's new game is a thrill ride, with a focus on action and massive battle centerpieces. Of course, there's a grand story to be woven in there, but based on the hours I spent with FF16, the spectacle is already enticing enough.
Polygon

The portion of FFXVI that I had the opportunity to play was a vertical slice of the main questline, which took place a few hours into the game. During this segment Clive Rosfield was accompanied by Hugo Kupka and Torgal as we tracked down one of the dominants. In this pursuit, we ventured through a castle and encountered numerous enemies, culminating in two thrilling boss battles. It's important to note that the version of the game that I experienced is still in development and may undergo further changes before its final release on June 22, 2023.
PS Blog

All in all, we got the sense Final Fantasy XVI will divide the most hardcore franchise faithfuls: it's clearly got Western consumers in its crosshairs, and it's channelling the spirit of hugely popular franchises like The Witcher and God of War. But there's enough Final Fantasy in it to set it apart, and the production values are off the scale. If the full game can strike the same kind of tone as our demo, then this is comfortably shaping up to be a Game of the Year candidate.
Pushsquare

Overall, I would say I really enjoyed the combat system and the demo. I am a fan of action combat and am no stranger to games with quick and fun combos. Final Fantasy XVI will definitely appeal to fans of these types of games, but I also think they took a good approach to appeal to everyone. I was already sold on the game before this, but this only added to my hype. There is more information released in the developer interview, which I suggest you read to supplement these impressions. I want to once again thank Square Enix, their PR team, and Creative Business Unit 3 for inviting me to the event and allowing me to experience this game for myself. I can't wait for June 22nd to play the whole thing because to quote Yoshi-P himself, I am looking forward to it.
RPGFan

Final Fantasy XVI looks to have the makings of a great action game. If it's RPG elements can deliver, this should deliver one of the most exciting — and accessible — experiences that the franchise has ever offered.

A lot of its success will likely come down to the execution of its story. This is, after all, what has made Final Fantasy XIV such a special experience for me and so many others. From my demo, I was impressed with the quality of the voice acting and character animation. The potential for a memorable story looks strong.

Going into 2023, Final Fantasy XVI was my most anticipated game of the year. After my demo, I still feel that way.
Venturebeat

Final Fantasy 16 needs to be seen to be believed. It's the PlayStation 5 game I have been waiting on for the past few years, and then some. The trailers and screenshots and videos don't do it justice – you need it in your hands to feel it, to understand the promises of Square Enix, at least from what I've seen so far, are all being delivered on. Final Fantasy is back, and it might be better than ever.
VG247

und bezüglich des pc ports gabs auch neue infos: zwar endet der exklusivdeal nach 6 monaten, aber yoshida bezweifelt stark, dass sie da schon den pc port fertig haben. wird also wohl etwas länger dauern.
First of all, it is true that "FINAL FANTASY XVI" is a six-month timed exclusive on the PS5 platform. However, that and the PC version coming out six months later are two completely different stories. I want to make it clear that the PC version will not be released in six months.
Because we have spent a lot of time and money optimizing the PS5 platform in order to deliver the best gaming experience possible. Of course, we would like to release a PC version at some point so that as many people as possible can play the game. However, if we start optimizing the PC version after the PS5 version is released, we will not be able to optimize it in six months, so it will not be released in a short span of six months. We would like to release it eventually, and I think we will, but right now we are not at the stage where we can say when.

Jehuty

Mitglied
“One thing that was important was to tell a story that was complete from beginning to end,” Yoshida says in an interview (via interpreter). “And in that we think we have succeeded. To facilitate this, there are over 11 hours of cinematic cutscenes alone, all seamlessly interwoven into the game, playing in-engine in real time.”

Reaktionen: Wolke und Para

drizzt

Reanthusiast
Bisher wurde kein "Extended Universe" oder so angekündigt. Und bei FFIVX war das auch kein Problem. Man weiß ja jetzt auch schon gefühlt mehr über die Story und Welt als bei XV am Ende 😶

el_barto

join the serpent king as family
Ich bin sehr gespannt, wie das Spiel so bei den Fans ankommt.
Ich hab kein Problem damit, dass das Gameplay quasi nix mehr mit den Ursprüngen zu tun hat.
Yoshi-P hat ja schon recht. Spiele entwickeln sich weiter und rundenbasierte Systeme sind außer in absoluten Nischen nicht gefragt.
Ich bin mal zuversichtlich, dass das Kampfsystem sehr solide wird und ich bin gespannt, wie man das Character Action Gameplay mit Final Fantasy Feeling verheiratet.

Optisch sieht das schon mal super aus.
Wird für mich so oder so ein Kauf im Releasefenster.

drizzt

Reanthusiast
Das mit der Weiterentwicklung ist für mich auch absolut kein Problem. Gerade Square hat da doch mit Octopath, Bravely Default, etc. mehr als genug hochwertigen Kram im Angebot.

Reaktionen: 0shikuru und Fox

0shikuru

dissociative
Ich war ja auch schon Fan vom aktiven Kampfsystem in XV. Aber denke das hier wird nochmal eine andere Hausnummer.

Gibt's eigentlich auch mal komplettes rohes Gameplay, ohne Gelaber, Schnitte whatever. Mich interessieren halt auch sehr Welt und ggf. Nebenaktivitäten.

Para

Team | Content
das komplette pax east panel:

im april kommen dann auch nochmal neue infos. dieses mal mit fokus auf die rpg elemente.

outputd021c86919654051.gif

nur noch drei monate. 🙌

Para

Team | Content
ich weiß, das bedeutet heutzutage alles nichts mehr, yadda yadda, danke cdpr, aber das master für ffxvi ist fertig und somit ist der titel gold:

FF16 master up today! Both the staff and Torgal are delighted. Please look forward to the release date

somit sind noch 82 tage bis zur veröffentlichung. im april gibt es neue infos über das rpg titel hinter dem titel, im mai wahrscheinlich nochmal die letzten previews, anfang juni die demo und am 22. juni ist es dann endlich soweit.