Para

Team | Content
discobanner.jpg
Entwickler: ZA/UM
Publisher: ZA/UM
System: PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox Series & Xbox One
Release: 30. März 2021 / Switch & Xbox: 12. Oktober 2021
Disco Elysium ist ein innovatives und unvergleichliches Rollenspiel mit frei erkundbarer Welt. Du bist ein Detective, dem ein einzigartiges Fähigkeitensystem zur Verfügung steht, um ein ganzes Stadtviertel unter die Lupe zu nehmen. Verhöre unvergessliche Charaktere, knacke Mordfälle, oder lass dich bestechen. Werde zum Helden oder zu einem menschlichen Totalschaden.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

El Hermano

I'm like you, I have no name
Endlich kommt der Titel auch auf die Konsolen :shu: Denkt ihr, dass man da auch ohne Bedenken noch auf der normalen PS4 zugreifen kann? Technisch sollte der Titel ja nicht so ressourcenhungrig sein.

Reaktionen: Trayal

faenaetik

Mitglied
Ah nice, ich wollte das auch schon die ganze Zeit haben, hatte aber kein Bock dafür am PC zu sitzen.
Mag es lieber schön gemütlich von der Couch spielen.
Freu mich drauf :).
Kann man auch bestimmt gut bei zu schauen oder?

Reaktionen: Trayal und Jayroc

Para

Team | Content

How will the controls map to a controller? Did this present a challenge during development or was it a fairly smooth process?

There’s always some challenge in bringing a keyboard-and-mouse control scheme to a controller, but fortunately Disco is pretty minimalist by control standards. There’s no fancy combat or acrobatic stuff. The main thing is that we wanted the console experience to feel as natural and immersive as possible, hence the herculean efforts to get the game fully voiced. The art team has also added tons of nice new details to the world itself — new animations, new or improved character portraits, new sound and lighting effects. It’s just now starting to come together and it’s been amazing to watch.

When the game does come to PS5 and PS4 in March, it'll also come packaged with extra content. What can fans who have already played the game expect from those new quests and location? Are they designed to expand on the world or will they directly influence the main story?

We’ve added a few new things for players to discover here and there, but the heart of the new material are these political vision quests. These are four mutually exclusive quests, one keyed to each of the game’s four major ideological alignments. These quests (or some version of them) have actually been planned for a long time, but unfortunately they didn’t make it into the original release, so the Final Cut has been a great chance to revisit some ideas that have been on our minds for a while and really do them right.

By design, these quests won’t have a major bearing on the game’s main storyline. Really, these quests are meant to give players the chance to bring some of the story’s ideological themes to a satisfying conclusion and explore what’s really going on behind the political posturing that the protagonist sometimes likes to engage in.

I should also say that each of these quests is unique — they’re as different from one another as they are from any of the other quests in Disco Elysium. Some introduce you to new characters, some come with new items, others permanently change your UI or some other piece of the world. I really don’t want to say anything more about them than that.

Now that the port is almost done, what's next for ZA/UM? Would you be interested in developing a sequel or moving onto something completely new?

I’ve been told that I can’t say too much about future projects at the moment, but rest assured we are all still employed and working.

Disco Elysium is a game steeped in politics that is re-releasing during a climate of political uncertainty, with Brexit and the appointment of Joe Biden as US president being just two examples. Would you say the game accurately reflects the world in its current state, with the ability to play as a completely terrible person, an angel, or anywhere in between?

Before 2020, I used to tell people that I thought of Disco as a psychic or surreal reflection of our political reality rather than a strictly realist one. And I still think that’s mostly true. But — and this may count as a minor spoiler — there’s this moment in the game where you’re talking to a very smart person about the recent history of the world, and if you want you can ask about the causes of what we call the Antecentennial Revolution (a failed global revolution that’s the defining event of the game’s backstory). And then you’ll discover that one of the causes of this global conflagration was a novel pandemic that the world’s inept and sclerotic regimes proved completely ill-equipped to handle.

In the game’s timeline, this pandemic leads to the collapse of governments, a series of revolutionary uprisings, an eruption of anger, hope, and misery on a massive scale. When I first encountered the moment in early 2018, I thought it was a nice, strange detail — a little improbable, a little haunting — but who knows how it will look two or three or ten years from now?

camahan

Mitglied
Kanns kaum erwarten nochmal mit Voiceover zu spielen, ich hoffe und denke auch das die richtigen Stimmen genommen wurden :praise:

Reaktionen: Cycrow

Trayal

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Team | Admin
Da bin ich auch glatt dabei. Liebe Disco Elysium. Eines der geilsten Games seiner Gen :shu:

Wolke

crossing
Ist das gut mit Controller spielbar oder sollte man eher auf Maus und Tastatur zurück greifen? Also PS5 oder PC?

Wolke

crossing
Der Final Cut wird auf dem PC Controller Unterstützung anbieten

Mir ging es eher darum, ob es klug ist zur PS5-Version zu greifen :D Aber zwischenzeitlich habe ich auch die Fragen/Antworten oben mal gelesen :D Bin gespannt was uns erwartet und freu mich schon auf ein Fest, nachdem es jeder so in den Himmel lobt :shu:.

Was bedeutet denn "Final Cut" genau? Was kommt zur bereits bestehenden PC-Version noch alles hinzu?

camahan

Mitglied
Mehr Sprachausgabe und die Controller Unterstützung, war ja bis jetzt nur Maus+Keyboard
Bin mal gespannt bei Wasteland 2 hat die Controller Steuerung sehr gut funktioniert

El Hermano

I'm like you, I have no name
Denkt ihr, dass es technisch auf der alten PS4 zu Problemen kommen könnte? Der Titel dürfte ja nicht allzu hungrig sein was die Hardware anbelangt.

eape

der töter
Team | Admin
Denkt ihr, dass es technisch auf der alten PS4 zu Problemen kommen könnte? Der Titel dürfte ja nicht allzu hungrig sein was die Hardware anbelangt.
Ne, hat zumindest auf dem PC sehr niedrige Hardwareanforderungen.

Pad-Steuerung soll laut den Devs gut funktionieren, aber natürlich ist es ein cRPG und man sucht somit mit der Maus eigentlich den Bildschirm ab. Ist sicherlich alles etwas langsamer auf Konsole. Gibt auch sehr viele Texte, die sich sicherlich auch am Monitor besser lesen lassen als am TV, aber immerhin ist jetzt alles vertont. Werde trotzdem zusätzlich zur PC-Version nochmal das Spiel für die PS5 holen. Die Devs gehören eh unterstützt.

Pathos

Mitglied
Die Switch Version kommt aber auch oder? Ich mein mal gelesen zu haben, dass die da Probleme mit hatten aber keine cancelation gefunden. Nicht, dass ich umsonst drauf warte.