Astro Bot (06.09.24)

Para

Team | Content
und auf opencritic liegt der titel mittlerweile nach 63 reviews bei einem durchschnitt von 94 und damit ist es...

edit: nach 74 reviews mittlerweile auf einem 95er durchschnitt. :sonic:

mighty-man.png

Astro Bot is a delightful adventure that blends original ideas with a solid platforming foundation, delivering an experience that has long been missing from the PlayStation Studios catalog. Each level introduces something new which exhibits the creativity of the talented development team. While the game is a charming and stress-free journey, it also offers optional levels for those seeking a greater test. Astro Bot isn't just a must-play for genre fans; it fills a significant gap in Sony's lineup. Being a strong contender for Game of the Year, this is a must-have for every PlayStation owner.
COGconnected (9.5/10)

Team ASOBI again perfectly demonstrates why they are a first-party PlayStation Studio with Astro Bot. While the DualSense implementation is lovely, Astro Bot delivers on its promise of something we rarely see: straightforward, linear games that don't promise the world but deliver an experience that's out-of-this-world, astronomical fun. Every time I zipped through its glorious galaxy, I was joyful and excited throughout the playthrough. It's rare to feel so much joy today, but that's precisely what Astro Bot has provided.
Console Creatures (Editor's Choice)

Astro Bot on PS5 feels like the culmination of every Team Asobi project before it. Given how many mascots Sony has lost over the years (this game's constant cameos certainly reminded me of that!), I'm completely on board with them adopting the little bot as their new face. They've earned it.
Destructoid (9/10)

Astro Bot is just jam-packed full of variety and interesting ideas that need to be experienced first-hand, and is proof that there's still life in the genre and can hopefully be a launching pad for other studios to see audiences still want single-player platforming games.

Everything about Astro Bot has been painstakingly crafted to make it fun to experience, whether it's the fluid gameplay, unrivaled creativity or every interaction being a kaleidoscope of satisfying particle effects and sounds. Astro Bot is one of the best platformers in years and is a must-play title you shouldn't miss.
Digital Spy (4.5/5)

When it's all done I'm left with that strange feeling of being very well cared for. I've seen a bunch of wild sights. I've messed around with cool gadgets, used the controller in unusual ways, tilting it, yes, but also blowing into it, trying to read the buried hieroglyphs of its rumble, I've ticked boxes, collected things, unlocked things, nodded at references that make me feel old, or sharp-eyed, or generally in the know. But when I close my eyes I see the tumbling fruit, the hundreds and thousands, the gems stacked so high I can kick through them as if I'm wading through autumn leaves. I think, more than anything, of all the glorious bits and pieces.
Eurogamer (5/5)

The simply titled Astro Bot is meant to be the cute robot's first significant foray into video games following a 2018 VR exclusive that earned praise but was stuck in its headset-only bubble, and a 2020 pack-in tech demo that hinted at more to come. The beauty of the game, as suggested by its title, is that even players returning for their third Astro adventure will find hours upon hours of new experiences, collectively and magnificently presented as a parade of joyous sights, sounds, and adventures. This is a grand re-opening for Astro Bot, and it surely marks the start of what is destined to be a beloved series shooting for the moon.
Gamespot (9/10)

If, like me, you've been waiting for Nintendo to deliver a new 3D Mario game for the best part of a decade, look no further - Team ASOBI has done it themselves.

Put simply, Astro Bot is an exceptional video game. It finally sheds light on one of PlayStation's most underused IPs and presents a 3D platformer that can easily go toe-to-toe with some of the industry's heavy hitters. Not only does it celebrate PlayStation's legacy charmingly and thoughtfully, but it does it all while offering some of the best platforming action we've seen this generation, wrapped in a package that makes the PS5 hardware sing.

For those who own a PlayStation, consider Astro Bot an essential purchase.
GGRecon (5/5)

You may have noticed that I barely mentioned all of the PlayStation cameos and that's because it stands solidly without them. After completing a challenging level, or finding a well-hidden secret, the fact that you unlocked Sly Cooper is just the icing on the cake. Astro Bot has set a new benchmark that all 3D platformers now have to reach, and I'll be waiting excitedly while they try.
GLHF on SI (10/10)

Team ASOBI has yet again cracked the code of delivering an experience that's fun, rewarding and nostalgic all at the same time. With nostalgic callbacks, vibrant worlds and welcoming gameplay, there's truly something for everyone in Astro Bot.
Hardcore Gamer (4.5/5)

Astro Bot made me smile from beginning to end. A collection of endlessly inventive levels and fantastically fun abilities, it delivers joy in spades, never once becoming even remotely dull or repetitive. And while you don't need a long history with Sony systems to enjoy it, it is especially a delight for those with a piece of PlayStation in their heart as a treasure trove full of playable nostalgia awaits. Taking the PS5 marketing mantra that "play has no limits" more seriously than you'd expect, Team Asobi has crafted a mascot platformer that goes near enough toe-to-toe with Nintendo's best efforts, and that's about as high a compliment as I can give it.
IGN (9/10)

The irony that Astro Bot is launching on the same day that Concord is being shut down will not be lost on anyone, even though that is essentially a coincidence. But in actuality Astro Bot isn't a very good celebration of PlayStation's history. It is, however, one of the best 3D platformers ever made and an absolute joy from beginning to end.

No matter how you feel about live service games, it would be criminal if a continued focus on them meant games like Astro Bot were pushed to the side. The ironic timing of its releases means that's now unlikely to happen, but it would be unfortunate if Astro Bot was remembered purely as a foil to Concord or as a flawed nostalgia piece. It is, far more importantly, a great game and hugely encouraging for the future of PlayStation.
Metro Gamecentral (9/10)

At Astro Bot's core, there is a fundamentally excellent platform game here. However, when you smother that in callbacks to franchises of old, and an overall aesthetic that celebrates the console and its history, it's elevated to another level altogether. An immensely fun, technically solid game that serves up a near flawless platforming experience alongside an overdose of nostalgia, if you've ever had any fondness for the PlayStation platform, Astro Bot is a must-play.
Next Gen Base (10/10) (Video Review)

Astro Bot is an easy pick for one of the year's best, if not the PS5's as a whole. The first fully-spec'd adventure might not move the needle forward for 3D platformers, but it's a triumphant effort from Team Asobi that stands toe-to-toe with some of the best in the genre. It's full of joy and surprise, and presented with an astonishing level of detail and tactility and packed to the rafters with reverence for PlayStation history.
Press-Start.com.au (9/10)

None of this really detracts from the fact that Astro Bot is a phenomenal 3D platformer. It may not have quite the same magic as a Mario game, but it comes pretty damn close. Dazzling visuals, responsive controls, groundbreaking physics, charming collectibles and a banger soundtrack make this a must-buy for any PS5 owner, and indeed any fan of 3D Platformers. Astro Bot has earned its place among the greats.
Progress Bar (9/10)

Astro Bot is a stunning 3D platformer, and easily among the best games in PS5's library. It fully delivers on the promise of Astro's Playroom, building on the rock solid core of tight controls and inventive gameplay and turning everything up to 11. With tons to see and do, almost endless fresh ideas, innovative use of the DualSense's features, and truly charming presentation, it's a confident and cohesive experience that players of all ages will love. To top it all off, it's a perfect game to celebrate PlayStation's 30th anniversary, reflecting on the myriad series that made the platform what it is today.
Push Square (10/10)

"Astro Bot" reminded me how much I still love platformers. Growing up in the '80s, I'm a child of Mario—I can still remember the first time I played "Super Mario Bros." at a friend's house and went home dreaming about it. Every now and then, a platformer pops up on the landscape to remind me of that reason I fell in love with games in the first place whether it's the perfection of "Super Mario Odyssey" or the creative splendor of "Rayman Origins." "Astro Bot" deserves mention with those games. Excuse me—I have more bots to rescue.
RogerEbert (Unscored)

Astro Bot is a charming and cheeky nod to a lot of PlayStation history and a powerful demonstration of PS5 hardware, but more than anything, it's just a ridiculously good game.
Shacknews (10/10)

Astro Bot is still the wonderful tribute to PlayStation history and hardware design that Astro's Playroom was, but it has been given room to grow beyond a characterful tech demo and into the best platform game I have played in many years. Actually, it's one of the best platformers I've ever played, – and, as a child of the 90s, I truly have played a tonne of them. PlayStation has been lacking a great homegrown family-friendly game since LittleBigPlanet, and Astro Bot is a worthy inheritor of that series' playfully humorous legacy.
The Guardian (5/5)

In its playful personality and incredibly inventive design, Astro Bot reminds me a lot of Mario Odyssey. It truly does sit alongside the best platformers of all time, providing some moments of pure magic and joy. Considering how smart and unexpected much of Astro Bot is, the possibilities for future adventures are endless.
Twinfinite (5/5)

Astro Bot doesn't care about such baggage, but if it did you'd probably use your mechanical arms to throw it at a giant robotic ape before smashing in said ape's teeth and propelling yourself into its soon-to-be exploded head. Astro Bot only cares about fun, and I genuinely can't think of a single moment it made me wish something had been handled differently, tweaked to be easier, or expanded upon. It's just perfect.
VG247 (5/5)

Astro Bot isn't simply an enjoyable platformer with some nostalgia tying it together; it's a generationally impressive entry in the genre that understands PlayStation at an atomic level. The sheer level of joy the game produces makes it impossible to compare it to anything other than Mario's very best adventure. Astro is no longer a vector through which to reference PlayStation icons; he is a PlayStation icon.
VGC (5/5)

But amid the endless graphical fidelity one-upmanship and the drive for bulging 'content' feasts, maybe we've lost something along the way. That raw simplicity, that rough-and-ready magic that makes those janky early 3D platformers such potent nostalgic kindling. Astro Bot manages to bottle up that same sense of pure, unadulterated play, spruced up by the modern trimmings afforded by the PS5. If only we had the same seamless, masked loading screens and the DualSense's tactile fizz back then. Now, we do, sort of. Astro Bot feels like how we remember those times, not necessarily how they felt at the time. It captures the spirit of dusty memories warped by rose-tinted, reality-skewing nostalgia.

As I sit here wrapping up the last few levels with my ten year old, passing the controller when we inadvertently plunge off a cliff or get clipped by an erratic projectile, I'm convinced that only the most hard-hearted killjoy will find Astro Bot anything short of delightful.
Videogamer (9/10)

Astro's Playroom was a good appetizer, but Astro Bot is a five-star main course. There's a lot here that's unexpected, creative and fun, complemented by an excellent use of the DualSense's features that elevates the experience. It's impossible not to smile while playing Astro Bot, and this is one of those games that is hard to stop playing. The levels are the right size and there is always that desire for "just one more". Congratulations to Team Asobi, as Astro Bot is without a doubt a fantastic 3D platform game.
ZWAME (9.5/10)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Cannibalpinhead

RETRO CRYPTKEEPER
Hab ja bei MediaMarkt vorbestellt... wie üblich bei dem Schuppen dauert das. Mein AstroBot ist noch nichtmal verschickt. Hoffe dass die das bis Ende nächste Woche, wenn ich aus dem Urlaub komme, hinbekommen.

Erinnert mich an Doom 3 VR. Da hab ich als bei MM nix passiert ist in UK bestellt und das war Tage früher da als die Abholmail vom MM. :dogge:

Barry

Mitglied
Also mein Spiel kam auch von Media Markt und war schon einen Tag früher da. Liegt wohl immer an dem Markt der es verschickt.
Hab mal ein iPhone über Media Markt bestellt und 3 Tage später kam eine Stornierung weil kein Markt mehr bestand hatte.

bestoftimes

Mitglied
Ich warte auch noch auf die Meldung von Media Markt, dass das Spiel abholbereit ist. Und dabei hatte ich mir extra eingerichtet, dass ich heute schön früh Feierabend machen kann. Jetzt sitze ich weiter rum und warte (Media Markt ist quasi direkt neben meinem Arbeitsplatz). Nervig.

Reaktionen: Cannibalpinhead

Donald

Mitglied
Ich warte auch noch auf die Meldung von Media Markt, dass das Spiel abholbereit ist. Und dabei hatte ich mir extra eingerichtet, dass ich heute schön früh Feierabend machen kann. Jetzt sitze ich weiter rum und warte (Media Markt ist quasi direkt neben meinem Arbeitsplatz). Nervig.
Bei mir hats bislang auch immer ohne Abholgenehmigung geklappt. Teilweise hab ich dank Gutscheinen erst unmittelbar vorm Laden kurz bestellt und dann die Bestellbestätigung gezeigt. Man hat das Spiel dann eben schnell ausm Laden geholt.

Cannibalpinhead

RETRO CRYPTKEEPER
Bei mir hats bislang auch immer ohne Abholgenehmigung geklappt. Teilweise hab ich dank Gutscheinen erst unmittelbar vorm Laden kurz bestellt und dann die Bestellbestätigung gezeigt. Man hat das Spiel dann eben schnell ausm Laden geholt.

Das hat man mir schon mehrfach explizit abgelehnt, weil online und Laden zwei unterschiedliche Unternehmen sind. Wenn du die Abholung schon bezahlt hast ist es also nicht möglich.
Wenn du im Laden zahlst dann kaufst du da... das hat dann mit deiner Online-Bestellung nix mehr zu tun.

Möglich dass ein Mitarbeiter den Artikel "austauscht", aber das dürfte er eigentlich nicht

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Para

Team | Content
hab heute die zweite galaxy abgeschlossen und... und... es ist ein videospiel. :shu:

spielt und fühlt sich richtig gut an und all die kleinen details und anspielungen sind bemerkenswert. klar, vielleicht nicht so die überraschung nachdem astro's playroom schon recht gut war, aber hätte ihnen nicht zugetraut, dass sie das niveau auf einen großen vollpreistitel übertragen können. bin gespannt was noch so alles im spiel steckt.

Beardsome

Gaymer (He/Him)
hab heute die zweite galaxy abgeschlossen und... und... es ist ein videospiel. :shu:

spielt und fühlt sich richtig gut an und all die kleinen details und anspielungen sind bemerkenswert. klar, vielleicht nicht so die überraschung nachdem astro's playroom schon recht gut war, aber hätte ihnen nicht zugetraut, dass sie das niveau auf einen großen vollpreistitel übertragen können. bin gespannt was noch so alles im spiel steckt.
Ich liebs, es macht richtig spaß. Relativ simpel. Hat definitiv Potential noch besser zu werden mit dem Nachfolger. Endlich mal ein würdiges jump and run das an Mario rankommt. Vor allem das smoothe perfekte gameplay und die Liebe zum Detail sind super! ♥️