Videospielnews

Para

Team | Content
sind nicht die einzigen mit problemen...

“It’s shit” - that’s the kind of feedback developers at Techland get from their leaders, the inner circle around CEO Pawel Marchewka. Interviews with ten current and former Techland staff, all of whom requested anonymity so as not to risk their careers, depict a studio marred by autocratic management, poor planning, and a toxic work culture that trickles down from the top. As one source claims, “The fish rots from the head.”

Over the course of my investigation, multiple people independently shared a story of an artist who turned in some work that management disliked. The feedback they received was "pedalski", which translates to "too f**got-like".

Speaking to Marchewka by email, he says this incident “touches on a very important issue” for Techland, which is trying to improve its communication standards.

“You’re going to get in fights with him no matter what,” a source says. “It’s just inevitable. I think he’s just that kind of person who likes to have combativeness. If he doesn’t like someone and he doesn’t want to talk it out, you’re done. If you push back one step too far, you’re done. But you have to tow that line. Because he wants you to push back, and that’s a good thing. But if you cross that line - that’s the issue. When things go wrong, he’s always looking for someone to blame. It’s never his fault. How can it be his fault when he’s a self-made billionaire?”

The result of all this is a team of hardworking, talented people who are being slowly drained of any enthusiasm. “The amount of passionate people and talent you can meet in Techland is overwhelming,” one source tells me, and it’s a sentiment reflected by everyone I speak to. “I’m talking mostly about regular staff here since leads seem to be really burned out and tired. Sometimes it even feels like they don’t care anymore, they will do whatever the CEO tells them to do in order to keep their position in the company safe. It is very sad to see this enthusiasm and potential being wasted.”

• Yikes
  • Huh
Reaktionen: Zerfikka und KaKun

KaKun

Halb Mensch, halb Gerät!
Team | Content
Außerdem hat er 'ne Steppjacke IN der Bude an. Phil mit kaputter Heizung confirmed! :uff:

Trayal

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Team | Admin
Die IP wäre eigentlich perfekt für ein nächstes Projekt von CDPR...dachte ich lange Zeit und dann kam Cyberpunk raus.

Wäre prädestiniert für Microsoft.

Die haben im Grunde die gesamte Key Mannschaft des Vorgängers unter sich versammelt aktuell, aufgeteilt auf Obsidian und inXile.

Para

Team | Content
laut jason schreier wird ea diese woche entscheiden was sie nun mit anthem machen, nachdem sie letzten sommer erst die große generalüberholung angekündigt hatten.

und es ist nun offziell geschichte. anthem wird kein update oder geschweige denn eine neuauflage bekommen. rip und schade um die verschwendete energie seitens bioware.

• Huh
Reaktionen: Zerfikka

Para

Team | Content
henry cavill arbeitet wohl an irgendwas mit mass effect bezug.

gehe ja von nem stinknormalen tv spot für die legendary edition aus. sowas wie bei ffxiv. paar promis die das spiel bewerben. mehr nicht.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Detective
Reaktionen: Wolke und Zerfikka

Cthulhu

Greetings earthlings!
Ach, hier hattest du die Info reingepostet. :D Wenn Cavill so weiter macht, löst er The Rock als sympathischsten Menschen ab.

Reaktionen: Para

drizzt

Reanthusiast
Shocked Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Reaktionen: Exelus