Astro Bot (06.09.24)

Para

Team | Content
astro-bot-header-banner.jpg
Entwickler: Team Asobi
Publisher: Playstation Studios
System: PS5
Release: 6. September 2024
We listened to your comments and now, ASTRO is back in a super-sized space adventure, his biggest to date.

In this brand-new game, you will explore 6 galaxies and over 80 levels in search of ASTRO’s scattered crew. Hold on tight to your Dual Speeder and dive down to each unique planet, from lush forests, sandy beaches, hot volcanoes to more surprising locations such as a gigantic hourglass or the canopy of a singing tree!

Para

Team | Content
SYlNo.gif

Para

Team | Content

And yes, Astro Bot looks to be a nostalgia-fest. Sure, when compared to Playroom, I think Astro Bot seems a bit more focused on being an excellent platformer rather than reveling in PlayStation history. But that’s to its benefit - levels like the watery/flamingo one don’t need to have references to Bloodborne every two feet to keep me happy. Rather, Astro Bot’s PlayStation celebration largely resides with the bots I’m rescuing through each level, some of whom are dressed up like favorites such as Ratchet, Rivet, PaRappa, and more. And I have reason to suspect fans of PlayStation’s biggest franchises might be well-rewarded for finishing certain levels. When I beat the octopus, for instance, I rescued a bot pair clad as Kratos and Atreus, who then flew off to an icy-looking planet I couldn’t access in the demo. If my reading is right, we might be in for a full-blown God of War-themed level in the full game, and perhaps more besides.

When Team Asobi first started making the Astro games, it was easy for me to mentally make a shorthand comparison of their work to Nintendo’s long history of platformers. Both have similar throughlines, especially with how the two make games that feel like touchable, experimental toys and how both emphasize playfulness, joy, and surprise. But I’m pretty well convinced Team Asobi is beyond chasing Nintendo’s pedigree. Built on the foundation of Astro’s Playroom, Astro Bot seemed poised to elevate the Astro games into a league all their own, if they weren’t there already. You’re telling me they’ve got 80 levels of what I just played? Sign me up to fly with Astro and crew.

With there being around 80 levels to complete across six main galaxies, accounting for around 300 Bots to save and various additional jigsaw collectibles and so forth to find too, Team Asobi clearly has a lot more in store to show and present to players in this lovely platformer. I know for a fact this includes smaller but much more demanding challenge levels that will put your Astro skills to the test, but as for what else is being prepared for release we'll just have to find out come September 6. Either way, I couldn't be more excited for more of Astro Bot, and quite frankly I'm still ashamed of PlayStation for telling us that 2024 wouldn't have any major new first-party launches because if my hands-on session was anything to go by, Astro Bot is looking to sit among PlayStation's best.

The regular levels are incredibly fun to go through, and there's plenty to discover off the beaten path, but other types of levels were introduced to us too. As we flew around the galaxy map, we found a Circle button planet that took us to a much more difficult challenge level — a short platforming gauntlet for more hardcore players to conquer. The platforming and controls feel identical to Playroom, which is to say they're super tight and very intuitive.

On top of that, it all looks stunning. Running in flawless 60 frames-per-second, the game's visuals are a step above Astro's Playroom while retaining its visual identity, and alongside a jolly soundtrack, the presentation here is on point.

We didn't want to stop playing. This has only further cemented in our minds that Astro Bot will be a real treasure of a PS5 exclusive when it launches in September; the invention and passion pours out of the screen, and if the few levels we've played are any indication, this could be on its way to becoming a standout 3D platformer of the modern era — and pure bliss for PlayStation die-hards.

edit: bekommt kostenlosen post-launch content.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Zerfikka

Gottkaiser
Das ausgerechnet du Para so eine Liste postest die null Aussagekraft aufgrund der Quelle hat. Ign Playlist ist doch kein umfassender Indikator. Unglaublich wie auf Basis dieses Bullshits schon wieder unzählige Artikel und Posts verfasst werden.

Para

Team | Content
Das ausgerechnet du Para so eine Liste postest die null Aussagekraft aufgrund der Quelle hat. Ign Playlist ist doch kein umfassender Indikator. Unglaublich wie auf Basis dieses Bullshits schon wieder unzählige Artikel und Posts verfasst werden.

okay, vielleicht könnte der genutzte hashtag #astrosweep in meinem beitrag darauf hindeuten, dass die meldung von mir mit einem augenzwinkern versehen ist. das ist nämlich eine direkte anspielung auf die morbius sweep meme:

würde mich aber natürlich trotzdem darüber freuen, wenn sich astro bot als großer hit entwickelt. denn wir brauchen mehr plattformer und das ps5 first party portfolio mehr abwechslung.

und das du die sache da so ernst nimmst, sagt ehrlich gesagt mehr über dich aus.

Cannibalpinhead

RETRO CRYPTKEEPER
Ich hab mal wieder keine Ahnung wovon ihr sprecht... kein Plan was das für ne Liste ist. Aber das ist wohl auch gut so... da scheint mein Bullshit-Filter gut zu funktionieren.

Zu Astro-Bot:
Ich freu mich sehr auf das Spiel... ist eigentlich das einzige angekündigte Spiel auf das ich mich zu 100% freue. Meine PS5 hab ich in diesem Jahr (ausgenommen für das Stalker-Desaster) nicht genutzt... und Spiele werden erst recht nicht mehr gekauft... aber Astro-Bot wird ein todsicherer Sofortkauf. Alles was bisher zu Astro-Bot kam war inhaltlich und technisch auf dermaßen hohen Niveau wie ich es auf Konsolen maximal von Nintendo kenne. Und genau das erwarte ich jetzt von dem ersten Vollpreis-Titel. Einziger Dämpfer ist dass nichts für PSVR2 dabei ist... aber gut... das ist jetzt keine Überraschung.

Kurzfassung: Astro-Bot ist für mich die Überraschung des Jahres... und es würde mich nicht wundern wenn der Titel direkt auf Platz 1 meiner Goty 2024 Liste einsteigen würde. Da muss schon viel falsch laufen dass mich der Titel enttäuschen würde...

Reaktionen: Frank und Bart Wux

Zerfikka

Gottkaiser
und das du die sache da so ernst nimmst, sagt ehrlich gesagt mehr über dich aus.
Was soll den dieser dumme Kommentar wieder? Ich bin von dir bessere Recherche gewohnt und woher soll ich wissen wie du das gemeint hast. Aufregen tut es mich weil dieser Mist fröhlich verbreitet wird obwohl er keine Relevanz hat. Nicht weil ich Astrobot keinen Erfolg gönne. Im Gegenteil, der Trailer war spitze und würde mich freuen wenn es erfolgreicher wird als Gaas Games ala Concord.

kein Plan was das für ne Liste ist.
Diese Ign Playlist Data basiert auf einer App die ca 43k User nutzen von denen wahrscheinlich nicht jeder eine Wishlist führt. Da wird Steam, Psn und Xbox komplett außen vor gelassen und Gamesindustry.biz verbreitet diesen Blödsinn nur weil sie nun Ign gehören.