World of Warcraft: The War Within (2024)

Para

Team | Content
wow.jpg
Entwickler: Blizzard Entertainment
Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
System: PC
Release: 28. November 2022 (Dragonflight)
World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released in 2004 by Blizzard Entertainment. Set in the Warcraft fantasy universe, World of Warcraft takes place within the world of Azeroth, approximately four years after the events of the previous game in the series, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. The game was announced in 2001, and was released for the 10th anniversary of the Warcraft franchise on November 23, 2004. Since launch, World of Warcraft has had eight major expansion packs: The Burning Crusade (2007), Wrath of the Lich King (2008), Cataclysm (2010), Mists of Pandaria (2012), Warlords of Draenor (2014), Legion (2016), Battle for Azeroth (2018), and Shadowlands (2020), with a ninth, Dragonflight, currently in development.

Para

Team | Content
auf der blizzcon wurde dann u.a. cataclysm classic angekündigt:

...uuund die nächsten drei addons für retail world of warcraft. angefangen bei war within, midnight und the last titan. klang auch so, als würden die schneller kommen. blizzard wechselt hier also scheinbar auch auf jährliche erweiterungen nach dem vorbild von destiny 2.

The War Within - Release: 2024

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: Zerfikka und Fox

Para

Team | Content
wird nun nur eine frage der zeit sein, aber es folgte auf der blizzcon natürlich die frage nach einem möglichen konsolen-port.
Could World of Warcraft come to console? That has been asked many times throughout the near 20-year lifespan of the MMO, and it's rarely been met with a satisfying answer. I put the question to Holly Longdale at BlizzCon 2023, and the vice president and executive producer for World of Warcraft had this to say when I asked whether the concept is something Blizzard Entertainment finds interesting: "Of course! Yeah, we talk about it all the time."
When asked whether it was technical logistics or complexities that would hold World of Warcraft back from coming to console, Longdale isn't so certain that this is the case. "Well, it depends on who you ask. I don't think it is, frankly. I think we're pretty well positioned, which is kind of why we talk about it."
"We've got these three expansions and we are so excited about them. But, yeah, of course. It would be very insincere to say that we're not, like… of course we're talking about that," she chuckles again, before adding: "We are Microsoft now."

Longdale is keen to stress that the Warcraft teams have only had limited interactions with Xbox Game Studios in the weeks since the acquisition was finalized on October 13. When it comes to big questions surrounding World of Warcraft coming to Xbox Series X or even being introduced to Game Pass for PC, it's too early to give definitive answers. "We haven't actually had a conversation yet," she tells me.

Reaktionen: Fox und Zerfikka

Para

Team | Content
Ist WoW eigentlich immer noch so ein großes Ding? Davon bekommt man eigentlich gar nix mehr mit...

doch, doch. es ist zwar nicht mehr "so" groß wie einst (also was auch vor allem den kulturellen impact angeht), aber immer noch das größte mmorpg was wir aktuell haben. und das nach fast 20 jahren.

mögliche konsolen-ports (die längst überfällig sind) sollten das nochmal festigen.

Reaktionen: Cannibalpinhead