MechWarrior 5: Clans (17.10.24)

Para

Team | Content
ehrlich gesagt noch keine ahnung. metaphor und silent hill beschäftigen mich aktuell zu sehr, es gab bis vor paar tagen noch keine keys, die erinnerungen an den mw5 launch sind noch zu frisch, eindrücke und reviews der "bekannteren" mechwarrior content creator kommen sicherlich zügig...

auf der anderen seite überlege ich mir aber eh für die black ops 6 kampagne einen monat game pass am pc zu holen (auch wenn es mir schon vor der app wieder graut). dann könnte ich ja auch direkt in clans reinschauen. entscheide ich spontan!

Reaktionen: Cannibalpinhead

Para

Team | Content
review embargo ist dann eben vor paar stunden weggefallen. aktueller durchschnitt auf opencritic liegt nach 11 reviews bei 80.

MechWarrior 5: Clans has some bugs it needs to work out, but this is still an excellent campaign carried by a thoughtful story, fantastic mech combat, and all of the customization you could want.

Despite some iffy performance and a lot of proper nouns that I just couldn't track properly, I enjoyed my time with Mechwarrior 5: Clans.

MechWarrior 5: Clans is a towering behemoth of action and storytelling worthy of its massive BattleMechs. It pays homage to its story-driven predecessors by exceeding them in nearly every way. While there may be a few cracks in the armor when it comes to pilot customization and presentation elements, the total package is excellent. This is the definitive MechWarrior game.

MechWarrior 5: Clans does a good job of balancing story, combat, and the all-important time in between. Customizing the mechs and gearing up the squad are both lots of fun and the battles themselves are appropriately oversized.

MechWarrior 5: Clans takes everything good about MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, but makes it better in every regard. The metagame has its own risks and rewards, every mission has stakes that can be felt immediately, or later in the campaign. MechWarrior 5: Clans is nostalgic and reminiscent of past games while being a great entry point for newcomers. Piranha Games has been working on the MechWarrior franchise for a decade now, and MechWarrior 5: Clans is their magnum opus. It’s a culmination of everything they’ve built and learned for one of the most fully fleshed out MechWarrior games to ever exist.

zu mercenaries haben sie noch einigen mw content leuten vorher review keys geschickt. haben sie wohl nun bei clans nicht mehr gemacht. 😬
klingt aber endlich recht kompetent, hat zwar noch einige bugs, grafik soll wohl schwanken (manche planeten wirken recht lieblos, größenverhältnisse stimmen manchmal nicht) und andere kleinigkeiten, aber gerade die kampagne soll wohl besser sein als erwartet.

Cannibalpinhead

RETRO CRYPTKEEPER
Sehr schön... freut mich dass das kein kompletter Reinfall ist.

Jetzt noch ein paar Monate warten bis die gröbsten Bugs behoben wurden und noch etwas an der Technik gefeilt wurde und dann werd ich mich auch wieder in den Mech schwingen...

Reaktionen: Cycrow und Para

Cannibalpinhead

RETRO CRYPTKEEPER
Hab mir jetzt ein paar Steam-Review angeschaut... und ja, bestätigt mich erstmal abzuwarten:

Performance isn’t great. I’m running it on: 5800X3D, 6900XT, 32GB RAM, SSD on Windows 11 and have to reduce the settings to medium with FSR for an unstable 60+ FPS at 3440x1440. Not so great.

I expected decent performance, that didn't happen either, a lot of stuttering and frame drops. (R5 3600, 16gb RAM, 6750XT)

The AIs are still pretty bad, where if you tell them to focus on a mech, they'll ignore everything and beeline toward it to get their shortest-range weapons in range, even if they've got long range weapons to use instead.

It runs poorly (RTX 4070)

AI team mates are just there to make the game harder.

Bad Performance (stutters when turning, frame drops on enemy spawns, delayed texture load ins)

I expected a good level up since we jump the UE5 (that didnt happen AT ALL, only in textures, no cool phyics, trees still fall in the same janky stiff way etc etc etc)

Da würde es mich mal interessieren wie die Konsolen-Performance ist. Der Vorgänger lief ja auch eher durchwachsen auf der PS5.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: Cycrow und Para