Blade Runner 2033: Labyrinth

Para

Team | Content
Screenshot (467).jpg
Entwickler: Annapurna Interactive
Publisher: Annapurna Interactive
System: PC & Konsolen
Release: TBA
"Lots of people lost things in the Black Out.

I was lucky, I just lost a job.

But now they want me back."
From Annapurna Interactive, Blade Runner 2033: Labyrinth brings the revered franchise back to games for the first time in 25 years.

Set between the original film and 2049, Blade Runner 2033 takes place after the events of the Black Out and asks: what does a Blade Runner do when there are no Replicants left to hunt?

Para

Team | Content
Though we saw a brief teaser trailer today, we don't have too many specific details about what Blade Runner 2033 will entail. We know it takes place in (surprise!) 2033 in a dystopian LA after the Blackout, wedged firmly between the original Blade Runner and the sequel, Blade Runner 2049. We don't know any details about genre or gameplay, but it will supposedly have a strong focus on narrative. And development is being led by Chelsea Hash, who formerly worked on both Solar Ash and What Remains of Edith Finch.
"Working on Edith Finch was honestly a life-changing experience for me, and it taught me so much about telling stories in the unique language of games," she says. "BR2033 is very much a narrative game, so I can lean on my learnings from Edith Finch often. On the other side, projects like Solar Ash and our work in the interactive music space gave us incredible love of wielding advanced graphics as gameplay tools. Our desire to bend a wide array of disciplines as expressive tools will definitely be present in the final game."

Blade Runner 2033 is largely focused on the film universe, but Hash says it does respect the source material from the novel. She also tells me that she's played the original 1997 Blade Runner game as well, and that the two games have "some shared themes" in addition to the same setting.
But mainly, Hash says the team honed in on the "world, timeline, and perspective of the films". The team dove into the details of the original film's production for inspiration, she says, including its many edits. "I’m really interested in surfacing details of what life is like for the people in the Blade Runner world in 2033, and we’re going to draw out as much of the mythos as we can through those people."

mehr infos in den kommenden monaten.

Reaktionen: 0shikuru und camahan

0shikuru

dissociative
Annapurna + Blade Runner

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

• Handshake
Reaktionen: Pathos und Para