Para

Team | Content
monkey.jpg
Entwickler: Terrible Toybox (Ron Gilbert)
Publisher: Devolver Digital & Lucasfilm Games
System: PC, PS5, Switch & Xbox Series
Release: 19. September 2022 / PS5 & Xbox Series: 8. November 2022
Announcing Return to Monkey Island, the long-awaited follow-up to the legendary Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge by Ron Gilbert's Terrible Toybox in collaboration with Devolver Digital and Lucasfilm Games, coming 2022.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Barry

Mitglied
Mich erinnert es vom Style eher an Broken Age von Tim Schafer. Naja hoffen wir aufs beste, hoffentlich wird's nur nicht zu fancy...

Reaktionen: Cycrow

Para

Team | Content
erscheint dieses jahr (immer noch kein genaues datum) für pc und switch. der switch port ist dabei zeit-exklusiv, für playstation und xbox konsolen also dann wahrscheinlich irgendwann nächstes jahr.

Return to Monkey Island is an unexpected, thrilling return of series creator Ron Gilbert that continues the story of the legendary adventure games The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge developed in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games.

It’s been many years since Guybrush Threepwood was last locked in a battle of wits with his nemesis, the zombie pirate LeChuck. His true love, Elaine Marley, has turned her focus away from governing and Guybrush himself is adrift and unfulfilled, having never found the Secret of Monkey Island. Hip, young pirate leaders led by Captain Madison have shuffled the old guard from power, Melee Island has taken a turn for the worse, and famed businessman Stan has been imprisoned for ‘marketing-related crimes’.

Banter with old friends and new faces on familiar islands now under dangerous new leadership. Then, take to the high seas and explore the new and unknown as you work your way out of tough predicaments. Clever puzzles, bizarre situations, and devastating ripostes are all that stand between Guybrush and glory.

Pathos

Mitglied
Hätte lieber den Grafikstil von Teil 3 aber zumindest kommt der typische Monkey Island Flair und Witz schon im Trailer gut rüber. Ich freu mich drauf. Auch schön so viele alte Charaktere im Trailer zu sehen. Ich bin gespannt.
Hat jemand die telltale spiele zu Monkey Island gespielt? Konnten die was? Für mich sind irgendwie nur Teil 1-3 existent

Reaktionen: ChriZ

Para

Team | Content
der neue artstyle kam wohl woanders nicht so gut an. ron gilbert hat nun u.a. deswegen seinen privaten blog offline genommen:

On Thursday, Gilbert claimed on his personal blog that the negativity was becoming too much for him, and that he would be shutting down comments and no longer sharing about the game. At the time of publishing, the site is offline.

“I’m shutting down comments. People are just being mean and I’m having to delete personal attack comments,” he wrote.

“It’s an amazing game and everyone on the team is very proud of it. Play it or don’t play it but don’t ruin it for everyone else. I won’t be posting anymore about the game. The joy of sharing has been driven from me.”

Rex Crowle, the artist and designer behind LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway and Knights and Bikes, previously confirmed on Twitter that he’s leading art for Return to Monkey Island.

ChriZ

Mitglied
Ich bin von dem Stil auch noch nicht so sehr angetan, allerdings muss man bedenken, dass Monkey Island schon immer einen wechselnden Stil hatte. Den Wechsel von 2 auf 3 empfand ich weitaus krasser und hatte mir bei Release damals jedwede Freude genommen - bis ich das Spiel Jahre später spielte und über mich selbst schmunzeln musste.

Davon abgesehen gilt tatsächlich: "Play it or don’t play it but don’t ruin it for everyone else".

Wolke

crossing
Finde es sehr anmaßend wenn Leute Kritik an künstlerischer Ausrichtung oder dem Stil üben wollen und dabei Grenzen überschreiten. Klar spielt da jede Menge Enttäuschung mit rein, aber es ist wirklich dreist was manche glauben sich erlauben zu dürfen, nur weil die Grafik nicht dem persönlichen Geschmack entspricht. Einfach unverschämt.

KaKun

Halb Mensch, halb Gerät!
Team | Content
Der Grafikstil ist ja ganz hübsch, aber Monkey Island ist für mich so sehr mit dem Look des Originals, damals auf dem Amiga, verbunden. Keine Neuinterpretation kann dem irgendwie gerecht werden, weil die eigene Fantasie die Pixelgrafik ausfüllen musste. Und der Humor ist ebenfalls so sehr mit dieser Grafik verbunden. Aber dann werfe ich halt ScummVM an und spiele das Original und lasse mich nicht am Entwickler aus, was zur Hölle?

nai

Mitglied
When I started this game my biggest fear was Disney wouldn't let me make the game I wanted to make but they have been wonderful to work with.

It's ironic that the people who don't want me to make the game I want to make are some of the hard core Monkey Island fans. And that is what makes me sad about all the comments.
Einfach traurig.

Mir gefällt der Stil immer besser und ich freue mich weiterhin auf kein anderes Spiel in diesem Jahr so viel.

Und an den Stil von Monkey Island 3 mussten sich damals auch viele gewöhnen...

Reaktionen: Pathos und Para