Para

Team | Content
Armored-Core-VI-Fires-of-Rubicon_2022_12-08-22_005.jpg
Entwickler: From Software
Publisher: Bandai Namco
System: PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series & Xbox One
Release: 2023
A mysterious new substance was discovered on the remote planet, Rubicon 3. As an energy source, this substance was expected to dramatically advance humanity’s technological and communications capabilities. Instead, this substance caused a catastrophe that engulfed the planet and the surrounding stars in flames and storms, forming a Burning Star System.

Almost half a century later, the same substance resurfaced on Rubicon 3, a planet now contaminated and sealed off by the catastrophe.

Extra-terrestrial corporations and resistance groups fight over control of the substance. The player infiltrates Rubicon as an independent mercenary and finds themself in a struggle over the substance with the corporations and other factions.

Der original Leak:
I've just finished doing a consumer survey about a new Armoured Core game with description, screenshots and two 30 second-ish videos of gameplay - the first a boss fight and the second more in-world gameplay, a snow area. The screenshots are unique ID watermarked, so probably not a good idea to post but I did screenshot the text description.

If this isn't ok to post, mods please edit this - I don't want to get anyone (including myself) in to trouble, but I was pretty amazed to be watching footage of an upcoming From Soft game randomly this morning, quite unexpected!!
The boss fight looked quite Soulsy - the long range gunfire reminded me of Virtua On, that's my frame of reference, I'm not a mech fan and haven't played any AC games. The player character in a white mech went in close to the bigger robot boss and fought with like an energy or laser sword, this looked Souls-style.

The field gameplay, the player in the same white mech seemed to be following a couple of other players in the distance (co-op?) and they were walking (flying close to the ground maybe) through a snowy area towards either a large wall or gate, this seemed Soulsy too, the vastness of the architecture, but it wasn't a castle more like a worn down metal/stone wall or gate. It was quite short.

The survey listed a choice of titles for the game, so I guess that hasn't been decided on yet. Most of them were Armoured Core: [Something] including just "Armoured Core" and both AC: 6, AC: VI, and other subtitles I can't remember, some of the choices didn't include AC in the name at all.
Zum Vergrößern anklicken....
I did screenshot them too, but they're ID watermarked so weary about posting them. The video was streaming and watermarked, so couldn't save that even if I wanted to.

The screenshots were not huge and 8 in total.
1. More snowy area, player character in the air firing down on a street with vehicles below (tanks? cars?)
2. A smoke-filled aerial shot with an enemy in the distance.
3. A darker green/grey toned area gunfire and light/fire coming from the combat everywhere.
4. Snowy area again, ground-based combat against a similar sized enemy (pvp?)
5-8: These four looked like boss fight shots:
5. A bigger humanoid mech, white/grey. Player character has red lights on their mech, on ankles, shoulders and lower back.
6. A huge, tall armoured tank boss.
7. Difficult to make out, player on right, enemy another humanoid mech on left a yellow/gold slash(?) effect I think the player is attacking the enemy with a melee attack.
8. Gunfire battle with a circular yellow effect in front of player character - blocking the gunfire with a shield or some attack? Shape and colour reminds me of the Heal effect in Dark Souls, golden circle.

screenshot2022-01-08a7xkep.png
screenshot2022-01-08a9skow.png
screenshot2022-01-08aqmkc7.png
screenshot2022-01-08ataj7c.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Para

Team | Content
auch ganz interessant - concept artist dave seeley hat vor fünf jahren dieses bild hier veröffentlicht:
E93tLkTXEAAxusG.jpg

heißt auch noch "Mecha Development Key Image for FromSoft Games".:sneaky:

seeley hat schon öfters mit fromsoft zusammen gearbeitet und hat u.a. das hier für sie um 2014/2015 angefertigt, welches im zuge der sekiro ankündigung wiederentdeckt wurde:
E0fKXeMWUAgqSFI.jpg

Para

Team | Content
und da haben wir dann auch endlich die offizielle ankündigung:

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

Para

Team | Content
hätte mir ja noch gewünscht, dass sie es mit richtigem gameplay auch direkt ankündigen, aber der trailer ist perfekt. 🥲

masura yamamura (lead game designer von sekiro) ist übrigens director:
A mysterious new substance was discovered on the remote planet, Rubicon 3. As an energy source, this substance was expected to dramatically advance humanity’s technological and communications capabilities. Instead, this substance caused a catastrophe that engulfed the planet and the surrounding stars in flames and storms, forming a Burning Star System.

Almost half a century later, the same substance resurfaced on Rubicon 3, a planet now contaminated and sealed off by the catastrophe.

Extra-terrestrial corporations and resistance groups fight over control of the substance. The player infiltrates Rubicon as an independent mercenary and finds themself in a struggle over the substance with the corporations and other factions.

Hidetaka Miyazaki will be involved as the Initial Game Director. Based on the initial development, Masaru Yamamura has taken over as Director.

Armored-Core-VI-Fires-of-Rubicon_2022_12-08-22_005.jpg
Armored-Core-VI-Fires-of-Rubicon_2022_12-08-22_010.jpg
Armored-Core-VI-Fires-of-Rubicon_2022_12-08-22_012.jpg
Armored-Core-VI-Fires-of-Rubicon_2022_12-08-22_011.jpg
Armored-Core-VI-Fires-of-Rubicon_2022_12-08-22_013.jpg

Para

Team | Content
würde mich nicht überraschen, wenn sich das gameplay auch deutlich mehr richtung souls entwickelt hat.

klang ja auch so im leak von anfang des jahres:
The boss fight looked quite Soulsy - the long range gunfire reminded me of Virtua On, that's my frame of reference, I'm not a mech fan and haven't played any AC games. The player character in a white mech went in close to the bigger robot boss and fought with like an energy or laser sword, this looked Souls-style.

Reaktionen: 0shikuru und eape

Para

Team | Content
nach den ganzen "wird fires of rubicon ein soulslike" diskussionen im netz, hat sich nun fromsoft insider omnipotent eingeklinkt und bestätigt, dass armored core iv ein traditionelles armored core spiel wird und eben keine neue evolution mit den gameplay mechaniken der souls spielen.

hier der komplette beitrag, der in seinem namen im era gepostet wurde:
Long story short for those uninterested in my usual long winded explanations: No this is not “Armored Souls”, Armored Core VI is not a “Souls” game, it’s an Armored Core game through and through, end of discussion.
While the game may have elements that are in line with Souls games, that’s because those existed in the franchise before Souls did because they’re pillars of Fromsoft’s design language as a collective. But it’ll also have many elements that make it a radical departure from Souls games in it’s inherent design and structure as well as the overall and moment to moment gameplay loop that means it might not be to the taste of every Souls fan. Because it’s not Armored Souls, it’s Armored Core and there’s nothing wrong with that. So let us keep our expectations in check

• Praise
Reaktionen: DoK, eape und Fox

Para

Team | Content
und hier dann die offizielle bestätigung in form eines interviews mit ign:

Like its predecessors, it will be a third-person action game with a heavy focus on customizing your mecha – from different weapons and leg types to generators that allow for greater boosts. It’s more focused on single-player than its predecessor, which was a bold attempt at large-scale multiplayer, but don’t expect a true open world like the one found in Elden Ring. Instead, Armored Core VI will retain the mission-based approach of its predecessors.

“The essential direction of [Armored Core VI] was to go back and take a good look at the core concept of Armored Core and what made that series special,” Miyazaki explains. “So we wanted to take the assembly aspect, assembling and customizing your own mech — your AC — and then being able to exact a high level of control over the assembled mech. So we wanted to take those two core concepts and reexamine those in our modern environment.”
For FromSoftware, a “modern environment” means not just incorporating a decade’s worth of experience in building hits – it means much greater development resources as well. Miyazaki himself admits that he’s “jealous” of the development firepower FromSoftware can bring to bear compared to when he developed Armored Core 4 on PS3. It also gives FromSoftware the chance to incorporate some of its signature elements, like its incredible boss battles.

“Boss battles are the highlight of the game in this title,” Yamamura said in a separate statement. “The essence of the battles, in which the player reads the enemy's moves and then plays games with them, is of course provided, as is typical of FromSoftware. In this title, both the enemy and your own machine are aggressive and violent in their attacks. We are developing the game so that players can enjoy the dynamic and intense boss battles that only mechas can offer, along with the unique aspects of AC, such as how to assemble the right parts to take on the strongest enemies.”

Reaktionen: eape, Fox und DoK

DoK

Mitglied
Weiß jetzt nicht, ob ich das gut oder schade finden soll.
Hab noch nie ein Armored Core Game gezockt und bin gespannt auf erstes Gameplay.

KaKun

Halb Mensch, halb Gerät!
Team | Content
Habe nur den fünften Teil damals für ein paar Stunden gespielt, fand es aber viel zu trocken präsentiert und das Gameplay hat einen regelrecht erschlagen mit Einstellungen, Customization und Infos. Sehr unzugänglich alles. Persönlich bin ich da auch zu wenig Mech-Nerd, als dass mich solche Min-Max-Tüfteleien sofort in den Bann ziehen. Das müsste schon alles viel einsteigerfreundlicher werden. Eine schöne Narrative dabei, Zwischensequenzen...es kann ja im Verlauf immer noch komplexer werden.

Die apocalyptische Vision des Trailers jetzt ist auf jeden Fall wieder spannend, aber mal abwarten...

Reaktionen: 0shikuru, Fox und DoK

eape

der töter
Team | Admin
Könnte nicht zuversichtlicher sein. Ich glaube, From hat so viele Qualitäten, die nicht mit dem Souls-Genre in direkter Verbindung stehen. Das Combat Gameplay in Sekiro entfernte sich sehr von den Souls-Titeln und es war perfekt. Das Studio beherrscht es, interessante Welten und Geschichten zu schaffen, auch ohne die nebulöse Lore eines Elden Ring. Sie sind absolute Meister des Level und Encounter Designs in Open World, linearen Levels, Trash Mob und Boss Fights. Jetzt kriegen wir ein Spiel, das sich weit vom Souls Konzept entfernt mit Missionen, vermutlich mit unterschiedlichen Schwierigkeitsgraden, mit weniger High Risk Gameplay, mehr Ranged Combat, aber die Stärken des Studios werden dadurch nicht verloren gehen.

Para

Team | Content
armored core vi wird thema auf der taipei game show am 3. februar um ca. 21:00 uhr sein.

würde jetzt nicht davon ausgehen, dass wir dort das erste gameplay sehen, aber wer weiß... :sonic: das segment wird jedenfalls ca. eine stunde gehen.

Wolke

crossing
Gibt's eine Chance, dass man das auch gut findet, wenn man Elden Ring gefeiert hat? Ich würde gerne Rucksack-Mecha kennen lernen :cute:

• Süß
Reaktionen: Para

Para

Team | Content
Gibt's eine Chance, dass man das auch gut findet, wenn man Elden Ring gefeiert hat? Ich würde gerne Rucksack-Mecha kennen lernen :cute:

aktuell noch schwierig zu sagen, da es ja wirklich "nur" ein traditionelles armored core werden soll, auch wenn ich stark davon ausgehe, dass sie einige sachen modernisieren und anpassen werden. der letzte teil ist schließlich schon etwas länger her und sie sind ja als entwickler sehr gewachsen.

so oder so, würde mich sehr freuen, wenn du auch dann später den rucksack-mecha kennen lernen würdest. :cute:

Para

Team | Content
armored core vi wird thema auf der taipei game show am 3. februar um ca. 21:00 uhr sein.

würde jetzt nicht davon ausgehen, dass wir dort das erste gameplay sehen, aber wer weiß... :sonic: das segment wird jedenfalls ca. eine stunde gehen.

es gab paar neue infos bezüglich des streams. dauert nicht die ganze stunde, sondern ist ein 20 minütiges interview mit produzent ogura. darüber hinaus wird es kein neues material oder gar neue infos zum spiel geben. :sleep:

• Huh
  • Cathuh
Reaktionen: Wolke und Zerfikka

Para

Team | Content
wie zu erwarten gab nichts an neuem material, aber die eine oder andere interessante info.
Mori: "Bearing in mind this key element of the game, then, what are the biggest differences between this title and the previous one of 10 years ago?"

Ogura:
"Perhaps the biggest difference came from the freedom to spend more on the game's development and resources, so this was one practical consideration. The other factor was that as 10 years had passed between titles, we at FromSoftware had developed so many other titles in the interim, from Dark Souls II to Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, Deracine, and of course others, like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and most recently of all, Elden Ring, all of which changed us. The experience and know-how that our game designers and developers built up through these titles was able to be made use of in this title."
Mori: "What has been the major developmental focus for this Armored Core title?"

Ogura:
"We were determined to take advantage of FromSoftware's experience and know-how to really establish freedom for the player in terms of what can be done with game controls and the customization that lies at the series' core. That was the key point we focused on. When you play the game, you will see how changing parts affects the action elements. The action and customization elements really do work together symbiotically, and I really think this is the most important thing. Defining the parameters that govern this relationship was absolutely key."
Mori: "So you would consider this a beginner-friendly title, then. Last year, you released Elden Ring to great worldwide acclaim, even winning 'Game of the Year.' With this being the first new title since, I am sure that a great many gamers are very excited about this title. Have you put in place any measures to make the game easier to play for newcomers to the series?"

Ogura:
"We have. We plan to release more details about this in the coming days, but I can talk about one such element today. As I mentioned earlier, one of the key elements of Armored Core is the assembly of various parts to customize your very own mech. it is the element of the game with the most depth, and for many fans, it is the most enjoyable. Seen from the perspective of new users, though, it is a very detailed and complex system, which take as long time to master for a lot players. At leas, that has been the case in many of the series' previous titles. This time, we have put a number of new measures in place to help make assembly and customization more intuitive and logical than it has been in the past."
Mori: "One thing FromSoftware is famous for is developing hardcore games that are seriously difficult to clear. Just how difficult is the latest Armored Core title?"

Ogura:
"In this game, as always, we have striven to create a game that poses a stiff challenge for our players, and I'm confident we have achieved that. Our approach to the issue of difficulty level in Armored Core VI is slightly different to other titles, in that the most distinctive feature of the Armored Core series is the combination of parts to customize the player's mech. As this lies at the title's core, it is really the adjustment of these parts that is the key to overcoming difficulties within the game. This is the point on which we placed the most emphasis in combination with the action system. We have designed a game that rewards using the most appropriate actions in each situation to overcome difficulties and attain a sense of achievement."

hier dann auch nochmal das 20 minütige interview in videoformat:

Reaktionen: Wolke und Fox

Para

Team | Content
passend zum artwork leak gabs die letzten beiden tagen nun auch ein paar gerüchte.

so hat ein chinesischer leaker (mit guten trackrecord laut gematsu besitzer sal romano) für den 28. april einen möglichen neue infos (vielleicht sogar einen trailer) angeteasert.

und tom henderson von insider gaming hat heute dann auch noch das gerücht gestreut, dass der titel vielleicht schon am 25. august 2023 erscheinen soll.
Insider Gaming sources have revealed that Armored Core 6 will release in August, specifically on August 25, 2023.

The news comes following last week’s findings by Gematsu that Armored Core 6 had officially been rated in Korea. The findings prompted relief for fans, who had thought the game could have been delayed until 2023. Although age ratings are not an indication of whether or not a game will be delayed.

It has already been highly speculated that the game will make an appearance at Summer Game Fest on June 8th, but our sources have suggested that the information was obtained in a way to suggest that an announcement could come soon (although not 100% confirmed).

hier ist anzumerken, dass henderson zwar eine fragwürdige person ist, aber meistens an guten quellen sitzt, die gerne mal das eine oder andere NDA für ihn brechen.

in vier tagen wissen wir dann hoffentlich schon mehr.

Reaktionen: Wolke, Fox und DoK